Learn@UW Course Migration
Completion Date: Dec 31, 2004Learn about Learn@UW
The Learn@UW course migration initiative enabled instructors who have invested significant efforts in their WebCT courses to transition smoothly into the new course management system, Learn@UW. To accomplish this we provided instructional design consultation to instructors, worked behind the scenes recreating and reformatting course materials lost or damaged in the conversion process, and partnered with Learning Technology and Distance Education consultants to train instructors on how to use Learn@UW tools.
- Instructional design consultations
- Media production
- Web page development
- Extraction of image files and metadata from WebCT
- 130 courses were converted from WebCT to Learn@UW, readying them for immediate use in the Fall 2004 and Spring 2005 semesters.
- For 20 of these courses, DoIT instructional design staff worked with instructors to re-design and update course materials so they fit within the Learn@UW environment.
- Behind the scenes work included: reformatting content modules, recreating lost links and assignment pages, reproducing image display pages, and updating streaming video links.
- Over 4000 quiz questions were tested, reformatted and repaired.